Tubbataha Reef, located within the Coral Triangle, is considered one of the most popular diving spots in the Philippines. Tubbataha dive trips are often booked years in advance, since it can only be reached by liveaboard diving boats leaving from Palawan province.
Published date: | Updated:
Since it was discovered by divers in the late 1970s Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park (TRNP) has been considered one of the most extraordinary dive sites in the world, a dream trip for most scuba divers. Recently, it was ranked eighth best dive site in the world by the CNN travel website, cnngo.com.
Tourism plays a key role in the conservation of Tubbataha, as park entrance fees provide the necessary funds to manage and patrol the Park. Income also goes towards education campaigns, increasing awareness and support for the reefs’ protection locally and internationally.
Tubbataha’s dive season is just three months long, running from mid-March until mid- June. At this time of year diving conditions are usually optimum – clear skies, calm seas and visibility between 30 and 45 meters.
Park rules & regulations
To protect the reef from destruction and over-exploitation, every diver in Tubbataha must follow the Park Rules and Regulations . If you are a diver, please read Diving Best Practice to minimize your impacts on the reef.
© All images are copyright to their respective owners.
What people say about Tubbataha Reef
This policy contains information about your privacy. By posting, you are declaring that you understand this policy:
- Your name, rating, website address, town, country, state and review will be publicly displayed if entered.
- Aside from the data entered into these form fields, other stored data about your review will include:
- Your IP address (not displayed)
- The time/date of your submission (displayed)
- Your email address will not be shared. It is collected for only two reasons:
- Administrative purposes, should a need to contact you arise.
- To inform you of new reviews, should you subscribe to receive notifications.
- A cookie may be set on your computer. This is used to remember your inputs. It will expire by itself.
This policy is subject to change at any time and without notice.
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions contain rules about posting reviews. By submitting a review, you are declaring that you agree with these rules:
- Although the administrator will attempt to moderate reviews, it is impossible for every review to have been moderated at any given time.
- You acknowledge that all reviews express the views and opinions of the original author and not those of the administrator.
- You agree not to post any material which is knowingly false, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing or invasive of a person's privacy.
- The administrator has the right to edit, move or remove any review for any reason and without notice.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in being banned from submitting further reviews.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time and without notice.